Friday, May 30, 2008

My Hate Hate Affair With Bio Chem 2

Our bio chem hod was Dr Ranade , a tall man who couldn't speak clearly.Once i remember one of my friends sitting on the 1st bench for his lecture , i was of course there for the sake of the attendance relaxing comfortably on the last bench.At the end of the lecture i asked my friend what did sir teach , he said i couldn't understand what he was saying , the only thing i understood is what he was teaching was something related to enzymes.In bio chem they gave a lot of importance to the journals , unfortunately for me the lecturer to whom i had gone to get my journal signed before the preliminary examinations signed only half the journal and refused to sign the remaining part writing LATE in huge letters there .He started mentioning some new rule where my journal cant get signed coz my attendance was less than what was required which was again a result of being thrown out of a few practicals coz of missing the previous one.So with an unsigned journal i went for my prelim viva where our good ol hod was taking my viva.I was doing pretty well in the viva when the lecturer [ i think his name was dr patil ] decided to make his presence felt .He interrupted my viva and went and told the hod that i have a partially signed journal thus terminating my viva there and then.Unfortunately for me our HOD Dr Ranade chose me as the victim to release all the frustration that was built inside him from years of teaching a dull drab subject like bio chem.And before long i heard the slogan of the bio chem dept , "take Ur bag and get out". As soon as i stepped out of the lab my journal also joined me , someone threw it out of the lab and it came and landed right in front of me ,the new cover which i Had so lovingly put on it the previous night torn at multiple places .As i was picking up my journal , one more journal got flung outside the lab followed .The owner of that journal followed it outside but i guess after hearing the famous slogan of the bio chem dept "Take Ur bag and get out ."

No comments: